Emplace vs closures

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 19 06:31:55 PDT 2016

On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 11:27:03 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
wrote:
> What I'd like to know: is this usage widespread? Should we
> forbid it for the sake of security?

A big issue I'm finding is that inside most Phobos unittests
classes and structs are not marked static even when they could,
so putting any restriction on emplace will break most of them.

This of course is not a problem for Phobos (we can easily put
static everywhere it's needed), but most DUB packages will
probably have the same poor usage of static without the
maintainance effort of Phobos (so will remain broken forever).

I already found many (direct or indirect) uses of emplace for
non-static nested structs and classes in std.conv, std.typecons
and std.experimental.allocator.