consequences of removing semicolons in D like in Python

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 19 13:42:22 PDT 2016

On Monday, 19 September 2016 at 20:22:00 UTC, Chris wrote:

> The thing is that there is no way of telling how much D code
> would break (including the compiler), if semicolons were
> removed or optional. That's too big of a gamble for a purely
> aesthetic change.

I don't see a reason to make that sort of change within the D
language or DMD, especially when something like Delight exists
and probably accomplishes exactly what the OP had wanted.

It looks like the last commit was last year to bring it in line
with 2.067
https://github.com/pplantinga/delight
so if people are interested they could probably get in touch with
the author of that and help get it updated.