consequences of removing semicolons in D like in Python

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 20 07:19:50 PDT 2016

On 09/20/2016 08:20 AM, eugene wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 at 12:00:00 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> Without the semicolons, I have to parse the code myself
>
> could you, please, explain, why do you parse code yourself?

That's what happens in the brain when you read code. He's not talking
about actual LR/LL/etc parsing here, but the mental equivalent. Just
like you parse a sentence when you read it by noticing the spaces
defining where words are. And the commas separating sections of a
sentence, and periods/capitalization separating the sentences,
in-sentence capitalization signaling proper nouns, etc. All of those are
*technically* unnecessary too, but notice how much harder it is to read
(ie, "parse") when they're absent.