Why I am switching to Go

Daniel Kozak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 20 12:43:19 PDT 2016

Dne 20.9.2016 v 21:14 Intersteller via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):

> Vibe.d looks great on the surface but lack of documentation, commonly
> used functionality, and that it looks like it is dying suggests that
> putting any effort in to it will be a waste. Go, OTH, has tons of
> frameworks, most are actively support, very well documented(beego,
> revel, etc), and feature rich.
>
> If I am going to put any work in to something, I want to make sure
> that I can depend on it in the future. It doesn't look like this is
> the case with vibe.d. Hopefully vibe.d will not die and will mature
> enough in the future so it actually provides a good alternative to the
> current web frameworks.
Ok, can you link some of your request about what missing on vibe.d? It
is easy to say this framework does not support this. this framework has
bad doc and so on. But these are statements without any proof. So this
post does not have any value until you add some specifics. It would be
nice if you share what exactly do you miss from vibe.d and what doc need
to be improved. For eg. from my POV vibe.d doc is ok and there is
everything I need (OK I would prefer better async-event lib, but AFAIK
Sonke works on a new one)