Why I am switching to Go

wobbles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 20 13:59:18 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 at 20:35:49 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:

> Dne 20.9.2016 v 22:01 Karabuta via Digitalmars-d napsal(a):
>> On Tuesday, 20 September 2016 at 19:47:12 UTC, WebFreak001
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> What is vibe.d missing? It works great for me and the
>>> documentation is great imo too because it has everything I
>>> need. I use vibe.d at the company I work at and I use it for
>>> all my websites. I never had any problems with it
>>
>> Lets me say from a beginners perspective,
>> * How do I build a file upload form (single and multiple file
>> uploads)
>> * How do I work with mongoDB to do CRUD.
>> * How do I use the Web API beyond hello world!
>> * Form validation?
>> * Data sanitization?
>> * How do I structure my application for real-world (reusable
>> and maintainable code) e.g for a simple blog, simple CMS etc.
>> :)
>>
>> Some of these things may seem easy to figure-out but can be
>> difficult for a beginner unless he/she has a copy of Kai's
>> book at the moment (D Web Development) :)
> Nothing of this is specific for vibe.d, so I do not see any
> reason to have doc about this in vibe.d

I would say otherwise. I've built multiple sites in vibe-d, so I
probably wouldn't need them, but having a vibe-d specific
beginner tutorial from start to end of a project would be great.

Sonke wrote a good blog post a while back with a chat system, and
there's a new blogger using vibe too. But we could do with more.
I guess I should take that up maybe. Not sure if I have the time
though, and I don't  have a whole pile of interest in blogging...