Why I am switching to Go

dom via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 21 07:31:27 PDT 2016

14 months ago i tried to write my first webapp. initially i chose
vibe.d to be my framework. i got a simple app running quickly,
but due to my lack of knowledge about webapps in general i got
stuck at rather fundamental things. like doing authentication
over oauth, or even have a rough guideline how to structure my
app.

as a beginner using d and vibe.d is quite hard. nobody takes you
by the hand and it is that read the fucking manual situation :D
.. most of us are quite lazy with reading the docs, and want to
see some working stuff! :) (at least if you are programming on
fun projects and not for your job)

so as a result for my own project i switched to nodejs. nodejs
fresh, its new and its in use everywhere .. every problem has
been tackled with it and stackoverflow solved 90% of my problems.
i still produced the worst spaghetti code with it because i
didn't know how to structure a webapp correctly.

to my conclusion .. if you don't know what you are doing switch
to something popular and you will be much happier. npm install
icecreammachinewithsprinkles! but if you are good at what you are
doing and see the benefits that d can give you it is worth
staying.