[OT] Re: Why I am switching to Go

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 22 08:41:58 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 15:22:57 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
>> On 9/20/16 3:14 PM, Intersteller wrote:
>>
>> TL;DR: I like and have used Go extensively. I glanced at D for
>> 20
>> minutes and didn't like it.
>>

> Grumpy old curmudgeon says: "Harumpf...Why back in my day, we
> pronounced 'TL;DR' as 'summary'...or 'abstract' if we wanted to
> be really really fancy" ;)
>
> Never much understood "bouncing rubble" English changes like
> that, or "internet"->"cloud", "preteen"->"tween", etc. Can't
> tell if the trend is accelerating or it's just me getting old.

Around every two years they come up with something new, give or
take a year depending on the topic. In general, I got the
impression that once I've finally got used to using a certain
term, it's no longer (politically or otherwise) correct, e.g.
"STD" => "STI" ("disease" is obviously a bad bad word - unless
you want to sell useless drugs for made-up diseases). It happens
all the time.