Proof of concept - library AA

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 23 11:33:52 PDT 2016

On Friday, 23 September 2016 at 15:17:26 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Friday, 23 September 2016 at 07:39:01 UTC, Martin Nowak
> wrote:
> Is there any benefit to adding new operator overloading to
> handle this case, like a opValueAssign instead of opIndexAssign
> ?

Maybe, making the two implementations behave identical can be
done from both sides, i.e. we'll definitely make literals work
for UDTs at some point, and given how widespread aa[key1][key2]++
is used we might want to come up with a UDT solution as well, but
we can discuss this as a detail when we're at it.

One nice property of the plan is that it's already broken down
into digestible changes, might get stuck or fail at any point,
but still provides value from the first step on.