What's up with the assert enhancements proposed years ago?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 24 06:12:13 PDT 2016

On 09/24/2016 06:52 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-09-24 00:02, Seb wrote:
>
>> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP83
>>
>> (needs polishing and submission to the new dip process)
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP50 :)

+1.

Although I haven't given it too much thought, I'd bet that could also be
used to provide, in library, my #1 most wanted missing D feature: Input
ranges (maybe even forward, too) written as stackless coroutines
(C#-style, heck, even C can do it in lib). So we could write input
ranges without turning the whole freaking algorithm completely
inside-out, or requiring the overhead of a full fiber. Ever try doing LL
parsing both traditional procedural-style and range-style? The range
version's a complete unholy mess.