Mir GLAS vs Intel MKL: which is faster?

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 24 11:15:30 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 17:46:07 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 13:49:35 UTC, Andrei
> Alexandrescu wrote:
>> On 9/24/16 9:18 AM, John Colvin wrote:
>>>
>>> That's just BLAS (so could be mkl, could be openBLAS, could
>>> be netlib,
>>> etc. just depends on the system and compilation choices)
>>> under the hood,
>>> you'd just see a small overhead from the python wrapping.
>>> Basically,
>>> everyone uses a BLAS or Eigen.
>>
>> I see, thanks. To the extent the Python-specific overheads are
>> measurable, it might make sense to include the benchmark.
>>
>>> An Eigen comparison would be interesting.
>>
>> That'd be awesome especially since the article text refers to
>> it.
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Eigen was added (but only data, still need to write text).
> Relative charts was added. You was added "Acknowledgements"
> section --Ilya

It would also be interesting to compare the results to Blaze [1].
According to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfn0BVOegac it is
faster than Eigen and on some instances faster than even Intel
MKL.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/blaze-lib/blaze