Unum II announcement

Nick B via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 24 19:22:01 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 12:56:48 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:

> From what I read in the freely-available materials on Unum
> (actually I also skimmed the book) it seems to me Unum is
> predicated on a hardware implementation. It seems there would
> be little interest in a slow software emulation. -- Andrei

Andrei

I suggest that now, programmers would/may have a choice: be slow
and correct, or fast and incorrect, and that would depend if real
accuracy is important or not, the types of problems being work
on, and cost of failure. (see examples in John Powerpoint
presentation).

But I will ask John G, on the types of users showing interest in
UNUMS.

Nick