Eh, bit faster sort

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 25 16:07:53 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 22:11:19 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/24/16 5:02 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Saturday, 24 September 2016 at 15:13:47 UTC, Andrei
>> Alexandrescu wrote:
>>> https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4816
>>>
>>> Destroy!
>>
>> Adding sorting network for small cases ?
>
> That's kind of what's happening. -- Andrei

  From the glancing at it, the short cases are inlined or very
short cases of code that hopefully reduce excessive frame
setup/teardown when fully optimized.

  I recall us going over some of the optimal
combinations/breakdowns, but the complexity in code vs the speed
improvement, not sure. With exceptions to embedded/limited
memory/drive space, making code faster will probably be the
priority.