Mir GLAS vs Intel MKL: which is faster?

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 26 05:03:34 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:36:11 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen
wrote:
> On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:32:20 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> Updated:
>> Mir is LLVM-Accelerated Generic Numerical Library for Science
>> and Machine Learning. It requires LDC (LLVM D Compiler) for
>> compilation.
>
> It doesn't really require LDC though, it just requires it to
> get good performance? I can still use DMD for quick testing?

No, LDC is required. I plan to update DUB for quick testing
without binary compilation for DUB. The reason why DMD support
was dropped is that it generates 10-20 times slower code for
matrix multiplication.

My opinion is that D community is too small to maintain 3
compilers and we should move forward with LDC.

Ilya