Mir GLAS vs Intel MKL: which is faster?

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 26 05:11:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:56:39 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen
wrote:
> On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:46:19 UTC, Johan Engelen
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 11:11:20 UTC, Joseph Rushton
>> Wakeling wrote:
>>>
>>> The broader topic of what compiler features Mir GLAS uses
>>> could be the topic of an entire blog post in its own right,
>>> and might be very interesting.
>>
>> I guess this is my terrain. I'll think about writing that blog
>> post :)
>>
>> Specific LDC features that I see in GLAS are:
>>
>> - __traits(targetHasFeature, ...)  , see
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes#targetHasFeature
>>
>> - @fastmath, see
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC-specific_language_changes#.40.28ldc.attributes.fastmath.29
>>
>> - Modules ldc.simd and ldc.intrinsics.
>>
>> - Extended allowed sizes for __vector (still very limited)
>>
>> To get an idea of what is different for LDC and DMD, this PR
>> removed support for DMD: https://github.com/libmir/mir/pull/347
>>
>> -Johan
>
> Ah, I was not aware that DMD support was dropped completely. I
> think that is a real shame, and it makes it _much_ less likely
> that I will use mir in my own projects, let alone as a
> dependency in another library.

Shame is that D is not popular. I think that Mir can replace C /
C++ for hight performance application. And became the best
industry system language.

My goal is not a package for D community. My goal is a library
for industry. A library that can involve new comers and extend D
community multiple times.

Ilya