Required DMD changes for Mir and few thoughts about D future

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Sep 26 18:55:17 PDT 2016

On Monday, 26 September 2016 at 22:34:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 9/26/16 10:11 PM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
>> A precompiled library based on top of Mir GLAS can be used
>> with DMD.
>
> That would work out as long as interaction is seamless. Please
> advise. Overall: I think Ilya's work can make a real difference
> for D, and we can't afford it to not work with the reference
> implementation. -- Andrei

Mir will be (optionally) integrated with dcompute (once it is
ready)
and dcompute CANNOT be compiled at all by dmd, although I suppose
you could use dmd for rapid development cycle, but you would have
make dmd only figure out the .mangleof of the kernel (as the
.mangleof
is required for the library-side API bashing magic) and not try
to do any
semantic analysis or compilation, as it would fail horribly.