Linking D code into existing C programs

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 27 02:18:13 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-27 10:12, Walter Bright wrote:

> That's one issue. The other one is druntime needs to be initialized, and
> calling a random D function won't do that.

Long time ago I suggested doing that [1]. Not sure if that file is
currently compiled and linked into the runtime. But, IIRC, there was
complains when I suggested doing this because, as I was told, if you're
using a D library in a C application you most likely want to have more
control of the initialization of druntime.

[1] https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/dylib_fixes.c

--
/Jacob Carlborg