Required DMD changes for Mir and few thoughts about D future

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 27 04:15:32 PDT 2016

On 9/27/2016 3:48 AM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
> 50 times slower for modern CPUs.

I understand, and that's a drastic speed difference. But removing support for
dmd can have the effect of balkanizing the D community. That's happened in the
past, and it was terrible for all of us.

I have looked at:

   https://github.com/libmir/mir/pull/347/files

I propose as a first step we can work towards eliminating the conditional
compilation based on which compiler is running. Then we can look for low hanging
fruit on the codegen to reduce the performance gap.