DIP 1002 (TryElseExpression) added to the queue

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 28 03:50:00 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 at 10:45:11 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> Assertions such as "makes the code cleaner" are likely to add
> value only if backed up by evidence (case studies, realistic
> examples).

This is based on my anecdotal experience. I also posted an
example in the original thread which was included in the DIP.

> Porting motivating arguments from other languages is helpful
> only if put in the context of D, e.g. Python does not have
> "scope" statements, which makes matters different across the
> two languages.

It was already shown in this thread how scope statements do not
achieve the same effect as the try/else statement; the point
still stands.