compile errors should show import chain (eg module is in file which cnanot be read)

Timothee Cour via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 28 10:45:00 PDT 2016

oftentimes when compiling a program one gets errors such as:
Error: module vibe is in file 'vibe/vibe.d' which cannot be read

it can be hard to trace where is the offending file that imports said
missing module.

Could we also print the import chain in error message. eg:
foo.bar => foo2.bar2 => vibe
which is nice and short and saves debugging time

often times we're not directly calling dmd directly (eg through vibe or a
script) so it may be hard to insert a -v to show this info (which is also
burried inside a lot of irrelevant info)