The XML and JSON library

Szabo Bogdan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 29 13:14:27 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 29 September 2016 at 14:46:10 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> On 09/28/2016 05:40 PM, Szabo Bogdan wrote:
>>
>> How about Json... there is something that is stopping the D
>> community to
>> move the `vibe.data.json` to `phobos`?
>>

> Why does it need to be in phobos? It's already usable as-is.
> Only libraries within a std lib are valid?

Well... the json format can be used in a lot of cases not only
for the web and I think it does not make much sense to include a
web framework in order to use this format.  Since it a a general
purpose format, I don't see why it could not be included in
phobos.  Phobos has already a json library, which is barely
usable. I guess that a lot of people are using the vibe.d's json
instead of the one from Phobos.

Anyway... right now vibe.d it's split in sub packages and I can
include only the data package if I need it... I'm asking because
it would be nice if there would be a json structure in Phobos
with an interface at least as good as the one from vibe.