The XML and JSON library

Rene Zwanenburg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 30 02:19:38 PDT 2016

On Friday, 30 September 2016 at 03:27:36 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> You don't have to USE the web framework stuff to the use json
> part.
>
> This sort of question has come up before, but I've really never
> understood the problem. Sounds more ideologic than anything
> real to me.

Since Vibe has been split into subpackages it's not an issue
anymore, but before that I copied Vibe's Json code into my
project so I didn't need to depend on the entire Vibe codebase.

DMD ICE's are much, much less frequent than they were a few years
ago, but with largish projects I still regularly run into them,
which is a reason for me to not include more code than necessary.