Overloading relational operators separately; thoughts?

pineapple via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 30 02:55:36 PDT 2016

On Friday, 30 September 2016 at 00:50:54 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> Except that it kind of is. It's an example of a language
> allowing you to mess with too much and make it so that it
> doesn't function as expected, which is what happens when you
> overload operators to act in a way inconsistent with how they
> work with the built-in types.

Which language is more widely used? D or Perl?

Let me see if I understand your argument: We can't make D more
expressive because a language far more popular than D is so
expressive it makes it possible to do unconventional things, if
you are so inclined?