D, ZeroMQ, Nanomsg

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 30 06:42:44 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 29 September 2016 at 04:18:55 UTC, Nikolay wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 at 11:53:05 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:e
>
>> Has anyone wrapped Nanomsg?
>
> Be aware - Nanomsg project is mostly dead now. See
> http://sealedabstract.com/rants/nanomsg-postmortem-and-other-stories/

Nanomsg is not dead.   The maintainer tried to introduce a code
of conduct (about which even he was uncertain of the merits of),
felt he didn't have the effective power to do so,  and then
resigned in frustration.   A few weeks later he was back and it
hit 1.0 recently.
Had an exchange with Pieter on Reddit and after looking at commit
history,  he took back his suggestion that Nanomsg was dead.

It's silly to compare the two communities and make any inferences
because Nanomsg has fewer people and the originator has a job and
Google and many interests.

There are deimos bindings that Ilya wrote for me and I
open-sourced,  and a wrapper that I wrote that is also open
sourced.  There are some bugs in the deimos binding - haven't yet
had time to push my changes.

The wrapper isn't super well tested but I use it.   Will make it
more polished when I have more time.

Laeeth