Overloading relational operators separately; thoughts?

pineapple via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 30 17:23:46 PDT 2016

On Friday, 30 September 2016 at 22:38:07 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> A more productive way forward is for you (and those who agree
> with you) to prepare a formal DIP and submit it. It's the way
> significant language change proposals are done.

A good idea.

I have written a rough initial draft for this DIP and it
currently resides here, in a fork:
https://github.com/pineapplemachine/DIPs/blob/operator_overload_expansion/DIPs/DIP1003.md

I invite anyone with an opinion - which I imagine is just about
everyone who has participated in this thread - to please
contribute to the DIP before it's submitted as a PR and for
review.

I ask that arguments for and against listed in the DIP not
include anything to the effect of merely "it would offer more
flexibility" or "it would offer too much flexibility", as I think
several pages of discussion have made clear that those holding
either opinion are not likely to be swayed by arguments taking
the opposing form.