Interfacing D with C and Fortran

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 4 08:40:49 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 13:25:27 UTC, data pulverizer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> @9il and I have written a D blog article titled "Interfacing D
> with C and Fortran" which is located here:
> https://github.com/dataPulverizer/interface-d-c-fortran. We
> would greatly appreciate feedback from the D community before
> we publish it.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> DP

I liked it. Here are my thoughts:

In some cases, there were bits that I don't follow as well like
where you have
$ nm example1.o
and its results

You might want to highlight that betterC is not well documented
and provide a few more details on what it means, what are the
limitations, etc.

You wrote an apply function. Is phobos' map not compatible with
betterC? Maybe mention that mir has a map function in ndslice
algorithm that could be a betterC alternative.

You also discuss template alias parameters when talking about
apply. Template aliases seem a bit like magic to me. Sure, I've
used them, but still seem like magic. And I don't think the D
docs do a great job explaining it. Maybe give a short explanation
in addition to what is there (perhaps as a footnote?).