Using Hashtags with posts

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 4 14:32:29 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, April 04, 2017 16:42:53 Binarydepth via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> So I've been a member of Ask Ubuntu at Stack Exchange for a while
> now. I saw the tags could be useful here:
>
> Someone could search Metaprogramming, OOP, Imperative, Data type,
> Arrays and find something inside the DLearn section. That could
> work along with a post tutorial session.

This "forum" is actually newsgroup that can be accessed as a newsgroup, via
a mailing list, or via the web interface. As such, while some stuff could be
added to the web interface, most things would not play well with the fact
that it's backed by a newsgroup. Certainly, tagging posts wouldn't work for
anyone who wasn't accessing the newsgroup via the web interface. No one else
would see the tags, and no posts by anyone accessing the newsgroup as a
newsgroup or as a mailing list would have any tags.

- Jonathan M Davis