Exceptions in @nogc code

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 5 05:14:38 PDT 2017

On 4/4/17 12:26 AM, Nick B wrote:
> Can one assume that Walter is thinking about deadalnix's detailed
> proposal above, and that he will give a formal response, once he has
> given it serious thought, and discussed it with Andrei ?

As a matter of procedure no, a forum post will not be followed by a
formal response. The DIP process ensures a formal response.

The post is far from what one would call a proposal, let alone a
detailed one. It is a sketch of an idea that addresses a complex matter
without minding a large number of details. That's totally fine; the
whole discussion opener was also informal and lacking details. It's just
that we can't work on someone else's vague idea.

I encourage anyone interested in pursuing this idea to work on a DIP.

Thanks,

Andrei