Proposal: Exceptions and @nogc

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 5 10:35:01 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 5 April 2017 at 14:35:18 UTC, Guillaume Piolat
wrote:
> But those of us with the runtime disabled don't have TLS.
> throwing, .destroy, TLS (and static this) are the fragmenting
> factors between runtime-free and D normal D.

I'm going to be harsh here and say that the D team members should
focus on it's users who are using druntime + Phobos and allow
people to use their own runtime if they wish. Then for the most
part, ignore everyone else. We cannot afford to make concessions
to a small handful of our userbase with our limited dev time.

Suggested party line: if you don't want to use druntime, best of
luck, you're on your own. We're not going to gimp Phobos for you.