Exceptions in @nogc code

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 5 13:44:06 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 5 April 2017 at 12:14:38 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> As a matter of procedure no, a forum post will not be followed
> by a formal response. The DIP process ensures a formal response.
>
> [...]
> I encourage anyone interested in pursuing this idea to work on
> a DIP.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

To be blunt I played the DIP game in the past, never again.

This is very time consuming and nobody gives a shit. You two just
do whatever the heck you want at the end of the day. I'm just
pointing I predicted the problem you are running into with your
brilliant approach years before you realized it is a problem. You
can decide to not listen, not really my problem.

I wrote fairly comprehensive specs of the idea in various places,
including in the ML you created for this very topic. I just can't
be writing specs again and again for them to be ignored, that's
just not a productive use of my time, and at this point I'd even
say it's not very respectful to ask people to waste more time.

I'm happy to work with you guy to come up with something, but I
surely won't spend several days working a spec for nothing.