What are we going to do about mobile?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 6 12:53:50 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 6 April 2017 at 19:02:00 UTC, aberba wrote:
> On Thursday, 6 April 2017 at 05:24:07 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>> and pitch in, like this guy who's now trying ldc out on an
>> embedded device with an old ARMv5 core:
>>
>> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2058
>>

> What is currently needed for D in IoT?

The most important catalyst for improving the support for new
platforms (embedded, IoT, mobile, you name it) is good continuous
integration (CI). None of the major free CI providers (TravisCI,
CircleCI, SemaphoreCI, AppVeyor, etc,) provide non-x86 runners.
The only option (at least AFAIK) is software emulation with QEMU,
though I haven't looked much into it (yet).