Exceptions in @nogc code

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 7 09:30:59 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 6 April 2017 at 22:11:55 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/6/2017 2:18 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> You were asking for a link to deadalnix's original discussion,
>> and
>> that's the link I found (somebody else also posted a link to
>> the same
>> discussion).
>
> Only deadalnix can confirm that's what he's talking about.

Yes this:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/kpgilxyyrrluxpepepcg@forum.dlang.org
Also this:
https://forum.dlang.org/post/kluaojijixhwigoujeip@forum.dlang.org

I also produced a fairly detailed spec of how lifetime can be
tracked in the lifetime ML. This address scope and do not require
owned by itself. Considering the compiler infer what it calls
"unique" already, it could solve the @nogc Exception problem to
some extent without the owned part. Because it is in a ML, I
cannot post a link.