Self-modifying code! The real kind!

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 7 11:54:10 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 06, 2017 at 05:36:52AM +0000, Swoorup Joshi via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Self-modifying might be the answer to all sorts of performance
> problems due to branching. Only problem is security I guess. Don't
> they disable writes to code segment anyway?
[...]

I don't think the OP was talking about self-modifying code in that
sense.  I think he was talking about a program that modifies its own
*source code*, which is a different thing than a program that modifies
its own machine code while that machine code is running.

Give a man a fish, and he eats once. Teach a man to fish, and he will sit forever.