Dlang forum: some feature requests

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 8 05:34:56 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 8 April 2017 at 12:15:45 UTC, biocyberman wrote:
> @Admins: Please move to the right place for me if this is not
> the right one.
>
> 1. Code formatting seems to be support in all other parts of
> dlang.org, but not in the forum. It would be nice to be able to
> format code for readability.

This is planned in a future update, as part of Markdown support.

> 2. Automatic exclude ones own text to avoid 'overquoting'. So
> when user replies some post, just quote the text of the user
> who one is replying.

The forum software will already detect overquoting, and offer to
trim down quoted text automatically.

Sometimes, more than one level of context is required, when the
parent's post provides no context, such as replies like "What do
you mean?" or "I don't think this is true".

> 3. Show previous posts below the reply editing area so user can
> scroll, re-read or copy some texts from there.

I will keep this suggestion in mind; however, copying text from
multiple posts for the purpose of replying to several posts at
once goes against the threaded nature of the underlying medium
(newsgroup/email messages), and the forum will warn against this
if it detects such an attempt.

> Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback.