Exceptions in @nogc code

Christophe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 8 14:35:29 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 8 April 2017 at 20:09:49 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/7/2017 9:30 AM, deadalnix wrote:
>>>
>>> Only deadalnix can confirm that's what he's talking about.
>>
>> Yes this:
>> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/kpgilxyyrrluxpepepcg@forum.dlang.org
>> Also this:
>> https://forum.dlang.org/post/kluaojijixhwigoujeip@forum.dlang.org
>
> Some convenient single page links:
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/On_heap_segregation_GC_optimization_and_nogc_relaxing_247498.html
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/isolated_owned_would_solve_many_problem_we_face_right_now._212165.html
>

>> I also produced a fairly detailed spec of how lifetime can be
>> tracked in the
>> lifetime ML. This address scope and do not require owned by
>> itself. Considering
>> the compiler infer what it calls "unique" already, it could
>> solve the @nogc
>> Exception problem to some extent without the owned part.
>> Because it is in a ML,
>> I cannot post a link.
>
> Please repost it somewhere and a link. It's not very practical
> to refer to documents nobody is able to read.

My dog ate my homework.

deadalnix's a genius of marketing. He has no product, all he
invested was a couple afternoons in newsgroup posts edging on
rants. It's impossible to convert the incomplete ideas that he
throws over the fence into spec and code. But he sells them as
the perfect product. That the posts are incomplete and unclear
helps because whatever problem has a solution in the future. What
amazes me is he still grabs the attention of newbies in the forum.