The D ecosystem in Debian with free-as-in-freedom DMD

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 10 15:36:39 PDT 2017

On 10 April 2017 at 23:52, David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 20:43:06 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Master sports Phobos 2.071.  Someone will have to see whether latter
>> versions can be built using it.
>

> … and some weird Frankensteinian mix of several frontend versions, I take
> it, maybe enough to build Phobos, but not necessarily compatible for user
> code? Or did you port all the changes since 2.068.2 back to C++?
>
>  — David

All the regression fixes and none of the bugs!

The current situation is that it should be link-compatible with
current upstream/stable.  Enough so that when someone has the time to
test, it should just be a case switching the sources and building the
D version.