The D ecosystem in Debian with free-as-in-freedom DMD

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 10 16:15:03 PDT 2017

On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 11:40:12 UTC, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
> Recompiling the dependency-chain of a software from source when
> compiling a package using the "right" compiler and statically
> adding the code is forbidden by distro policy.

Yet, from what I could find after a brief search, the Rust
packaging guys are planning to do exactly that:
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/RustPackaging/Policy#Library_package_structure

You might want to get in touch with them, particularly regarding

> […] require policy exceptions, which is something we won't do
> […]

before either side wastes more time on this than necessary.

  — David