The D ecosystem in Debian with free-as-in-freedom DMD

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 10 16:43:48 PDT 2017

On 11 April 2017 at 01:33, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 4/10/2017 6:08 AM, Matthias Klumpp wrote:
>>
>> I also want to stress that having a single C++ library like Boost compiled
>> into
>> stuff and rolling dependency transitions when its API/ABI changes with a
>> major
>> release is less of a problem than having the entire language give zero
>> stability
>> and interoperability guarantees on anything that is compiled with it.
>

> How is the g++/clang++ issue handled?

I suspect that clang++ keeps ABI compatibility with g++ for both
mangling and calling convention, except when functions are not
callable from outside the compilation unit (static functions,
templates).

Not sure about libstdc++, I suspect they are either compatible for
certain things.