Dlang forum: some feature requests

biocyberman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 05:12:05 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 9 April 2017 at 12:56:48 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

>> Mailing list is one thing, forum is another thing; so making
>> the current forum act as both will be difficult.
>
> This has already been done.

If you decide it is done. It is hard to say anything further.
Respect your choice but I am not with you.

> The D tag on StackOverflow is monitored by many regulars of
> these forums as well, and D-tagged questions get announced to
> the IRC channel, so if you prefer that interface, there's no
> reason to not simply use StackOverflow.

Well, does this mean that dlang.org does not have strong
intention to keep this forum as the main gathering point for D
community? Because if you guys do, it is good idea to make it a
feature-rich forum, not a minimalist to keep the output
compatible with that of a mail thread. For example: I can't edit
my post, this is because a mail thread does not allow that (i.e.
one can't edit the sent messages)?

I've given the feedback. I will head over SO for now.