The D ecosystem in Debian with free-as-in-freedom DMD

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 07:43:15 PDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 14:21 +0000, Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
> At time I am playing around with the idea of using pkg-config[1]
> files to enlist the sources a D library consists of.
> By doing that, we would have a very build-system agnostic way of
> doing storing that information that can be used by Automake
> (native), Dub, Meson and even plain Makefiles. It's also very
> widely used (although it is commonly not used to list sources).

And SCons.

What about CMake? (Which is the CLion build system using Make
underneath, but they are rapidly moving to supporting Ninja.)

BTW, I'd like to reiterate that the D support in Meson is great, thanks
for getting that  in place. Meson and CMake are the only systems that
can install stuff sensibly.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk