Walter and Andrei and community relationship management

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 11 12:18:32 PDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 10:24:01AM -0700, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 4/11/2017 2:18 AM, qznc wrote:
> > It usually comes down to charismatic and visionary leaders. Walter
> > and Andrei are good with that, otherwise D would have faltered long
> > ago.
>
> For a socially inept nerd such as myself, with all the charisma of a
> lamppost, I think D has done very well.

You underestimate yourself. While you're no charismatic hero by any
stretch of imagination, you do carry quite some weight in what you say
simply by your history of achievements, as well as your technical
expertise and wealth of experience in computer-related issues. It's no
surprise that in this crowd full of like-minded nerds who respect
technical expertise, you're doing none too badly.  It might be a
completely different story if you were in a more "typical" social
setting, though. :-P

This is a tpyo.