Thoughts from newcommer

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 12 02:36:23 PDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-04-11 at 19:57 +0000, Piotr Kowalski via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> Hello D community,
>
> I am language polyglot that lately got interested in D. I love
> it, it's very elegant language, so simple and so powerful same
> time. I will write some thoughts as outsider.

[…]

If do write something, why not write it as an article for Overload?
Andrei did a workshop and keynote at ACCU 2016, it would be good to get
some articles in ACCU journals about D, especially ones from people
doing the C++ → D switch.

https://accu.org/index.php/journal

https://conference.accu.org/site/stories/2016/speakers.html#Andrei_Alex
andrescu

Getting more discussion of D at ACCU conference is always welcome.

https://conference.accu.org/site/index.html

Language specific conferences are increasingly the trend, but their
main purpose is to reinforce membership of the language tribe rather
than actually do much marketing. ACCU has never been a C and C++ only
conference: Java, then C#, as well as other languages, and agile
development methods, have always had a core place in the programme. So
about 55% of the conference is C++ this year, but that is exactly the
sort of audience to take some good D sessions to.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk