DIP 1006 - Preliminary Review Round 1

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 12 04:48:13 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 12 April 2017 at 11:32:37 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> On 12/04/2017 12:25 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
>> DIP 1006 is titled "Providing more selective control over
>> contracts".
>>
>> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1006.md
>>
>> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP
>> should occur in
>> this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on
>> April 26 (3:59
>> AM GMT), or when I make a post declaring it complete.
>>
>> At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary,
>> the DIP
>> will be scheduled for another round. Otherwise, it will be
>> queued for
>> the formal review and evaluation by the language authors.
>>
>> Thanks in advance to all who participate.
>>
>> Destroy!
>
> How exactly does this affect unittests?
> From what I can see, in none mode unittests won't have any
> asserts, which is clearly a problem.

This is a -release style optimisation and would not be expected
to be in dev/testing. Also unittest asserts call a different
druntime function (IIRC) and therefore _should_ logically be
under the control of -unittest and not affected by dip1006 OR be
an invalid flag combination.