Thoughts from newcommer

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 13 06:00:45 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 08:08:04 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:

> It is Isaac's game, he runs it, he chooses which languages are
> up there. It is not an official Debian thing as far as I know.
> So what the problem?

I think Piotr stated the problem in the original post. If a
language is missing in that shootout many people think the
language is too obscure, unknown, out of mainstream, maybe even
dead. This shootout and a couple of other ratings have
significant influence on public opinion on different languages
and also on public awareness of different languages.