Upgrading the minimum version of FreeBSD supported

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 14 15:14:05 PDT 2017

On 4/2/2017 9:20 PM, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Sunday, April 02, 2017 20:40:15 Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> I grabbed the official 10.3-CURRENT vm image from the freebsd website
>> and gave it a whirl.  For the 64 bit test run, the only failure was
>> std.datetime unit tests failure.  Apparently LocalTime().stdName is null
>> and the assert at line 28248 fails.
>
> Weird. I was running on PC-BSD 10.3 for a while (which should be the same as
> FreeBSD 10.3 proper for everything that matters), and I never saw that
> failure. I guess that I'll have to find some time to look into it.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Following up on this thread, I've setup another auto-tester project with
just two new freebsd machines, 10.3 and 11.0.  The purpose is to allow
anyone who has the time and desire to help fix the issues to have a
place to view the results.  So please, submit pull requests so we can
get the issues fixed and retire the old 8.x machines.

The github project they're building is
github.com/braddr/dmd|druntime|phobos/tree/freebsd-update.