Walter and Andrei and community relationship management

Shachar Shemesh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Apr 14 23:08:14 PDT 2017

On 15/04/17 00:09, Walter Bright wrote:

> I read deadalnix's posts. I pointed out major unaddressed issues, like
> how does it deal with an application using multiple independent methods
> of allocating memory.

Do you have a link? I certainly think his direction rings of better
engineering than the road you are trying to take right now, and I might
try to pick it up myself.

> Keep in mind that other languages, such as C++, will not even look at
> any proposals that are not detailed and complete.

While nothing there is perfect, I don't agree with that point. Language
changes are being proposed on the mailing list all the time. Many of
them are very very very *very* far from being complete, and a discussion
is what happens next. Very few of those ideas actually make it into
proposals.

I'm not saying that the C++ way is perfect, or even necessarily better.
Just that your point of comparison is stating incorrect facts.

Shachar