[OT] Re: Proposal 2: Exceptions and @nogc

Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 05:19:34 PDT 2017

On 15.04.2017 10:45, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/14/2017 10:04 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> I don't buy that aiming for inconsistencies is a way to
>> make a system more intuitive when the user didn't have prior exposure
>> to a
>> similar system.
>
> Please propose a better design.

I'm criticizing the justification, not the design. (Hence OT.)

What I'm saying is that there is no way that lack of
orthogonality/consistency can be an argument in favour of the design.

The arguments in favour of the design (that I can see) are that it is
simple, easy to explain, easy to implement, easy to ignore, that it
works around the problem, and that it is your own.