Thoughts from newcommer

Isaac Gouy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 15 11:00:50 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 13 April 2017 at 03:29:26 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> Cooperative with what?  He chose not to include D anymore,
> which at one point dominated the shootout, and says we should
> just start our own site:
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/no8klt$1d1i$1@digitalmars.com

When did D dominate?

http://web.archive.org/web/20090303214521/http://shootout.alioth.debian.org:80/gp4/benchmark.php?test=all%26lang=all

On that archived page you can see a lot of language
implementations that I chose not to include on the "new" quad
core measurements, that began back in 2008 iirc.

For newer languages like Crystal and Nim and Julia the tiny
benchmarks game programs have been used to provide performance
examples (without needing my involvement):

https://github.com/kostya/crystal-benchmarks-game

https://github.com/def-/nim-benchmarksgame

https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/tree/master/test/perf/shootout

:but when it comes to D as-far-as-I-can-tell those efforts seem
to somehow disappoint the D community and the comparisons are not
publicized in the same way:

https://forum.dlang.org/post/ihfqubwtadgvlxkvedbl@forum.dlang.org