Thoughts from newcommer

Isaac Gouy via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 16 00:11:23 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 16 April 2017 at 04:19:56 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> came out tops if I weighted time, memory, and source code size
> equally.  Not always highest, as Free Pascal would sometimes
> beat it, but D usually won.

You juggled the numbers to get a result ;-)

> This one doesn't show any benchmarks because it says it's in
> your game, so you are involved.

No it does not say that.

It says "This directory contains the Julia version of the "The
Computer Language Benchmarks Game".

It provides "perf.jl" to time those Julia programs.

Those Julia programs are not included in the benchmarks game.

> I'm guessing that's because he tried to update the old D
> benchmarking code and likely the C/C++ code has been optimized
> a lot more since. ...
> I suspect D would do just as well on the other benchmarks now.

What a great opportunity for someone in the D community to help
publicize the language!