What are we going to do about mobile?

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 16 00:41:19 PDT 2017

Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 15:11:08 +0000
schrieb Laeeth Isharc <laeethnospam at nospam.laeeth.com>:

> Not sure how much memory ldc takes to build.  If it would be
> helpful for ARM I could contribute a couple of servers on
> scaleway or similar.

At least for GDC building the compiler on low-end platforms is too
resource demanding (Though the times when std.datetime needed > 2GB ram
to compile are gone for good, IIRC). I think cross-compiler tetsing is
the solution here but that involves some work on the DMD test runner.

> Gitlab has test runners built in, at least for enterprise version
> (which is not particularly expensive) and we have been happy with
> that.
>
> Laeeth

The free version has test runner as well. What bothers me about gitlab
is the github integration. gitlab-CI only works with a gitlab instance
so you have to mirror the github repository to gitlab. This is usually
not too difficult, but you have to be careful to make pull request
tsting and similar more complex ffeatures work correctly. I also think
they don't have anything ready to push CI status to github.

-- Johannes