What are we going to do about mobile?

Johannes Pfau via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 16 00:57:55 PDT 2017

Am Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:52:49 +0000
schrieb Johan Engelen <j at j.nl>:

> I'd be happy to use the Pi3 as permanent tester, if the risks of
> a hacker intruding my home network are manageable ;-)

If you want to be sure use a cheap DMZ setup.

VLAN based:
Connect your PI to some switch supporting VLAN and use an untagged port
assigned to one VLAN (i.e. the raspberry port only communicates in one
VLAN). Then if you use an OpenWRT/LEDE or similar main router simply set
up a custom firewall zone for that VLAN and disable routing between this
zone and your home LAN zone.

If you don't have a capable main router there's another solution: Buy a
cheap wr841n router for 15€
(https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd)
* install LEDE (lede-project.org)
* connect the router to your home lan and the raspberry pi
  * home network: DHCP client, wan
  * raspberry pi: DHCP Server, lan
* Adjust firewall to drop packets to/from your local home LAN range
  (manually or using bcp38 and luci-app-bcp38 packages)

-- Johannes